Reading Blog #7: From Ethos to Logos
Introductions/ Main Ideas:
- Ethos, Logos, and Pathos are tactics on arguments
- Ethos: Character and authority
- Logos: logic and facts
- Pathos: emotion
Quotes:
- "... visual images communicate and create an argument designed to move a specific audience to think or act in a specific way" (236).: I agree with this quote because as a visual learner it is helpful to see examples of what the author is really trying to portray to the audience.
- "Translating the discrete images and text into a coherent argument requires inductive reasoning, moving from specific pieces of evidence to a major premise"(240).: Using an image to help support your argument is very clever. An image allows the reader to see an image, analyze and relate to it, and then read the writers argument to see whether they agree or not.
- "Let's begin with the assumption that everything in an advertisement appears for a specific reason in a particular place to direct your attention in an exact sequence" (238). : This quote caught my attention because after reading and thinking about it, I have also noticed with myself that once looking at a picture/ image I do get a specific thought in my head to what I believe it seems like to me.
Questions:
- Can art itself be considered writing?
Comments
Post a Comment