Reading Blog #6: A Path Appears first 100 pages

Introduction/main ideas:

  • Personal experiences to send a message 
  • People's sacrifice for a change 
Quotes:

  • "One reason many people feel poverty is a hopeless cause is that they think some parents are inevitably going to do a wretched job and that there is no way for outsiders or the government to make a difference"(60). : I agree with this quote because I do feel like the government isn't doing much to help the poor get the type of resources they need to better their chances of work. 
  • “A $25 program can reach a pregnant American woman who smokes and explain how doing so puts her child at risk, leading 14 percent of those pregnant women to quit smoking” (11).: I thought this quote was interesting because a program as small as this already makes such an impact. Though 14% may not seem like a lot, 14% is the amount of child's life at risk. 
  • "So how can you make a difference in this battle?" (82): I really enjoy this quote because it's like an eye opener. It makes people start to think about after all these stories and how all these people are being affected, what can you do to make a difference. 
Questions: 
  • Why don't men get as much help as women do? 

Comments